- Full containment LNG storage tank
- Construction Date 2016
- Application Peak shaving
- Full containment LNG storage tank (inner stainless steel; outer prestressed concrete)
- Capacity 1 tank of 2,000,000 gallons
- Owner UGI Energy Services
- General Contractor American Tank & Vessel
Preload Cryogenics, LLC has completed the design and construction of a prestressed concrete secondary containment wall for a 7,500-cubic-meter (2.0 million gallons) LNG full-containment tank (25.9 meters in diameter by 25.3 meters tall). The design includes a raft foundation constructed on deep ground improvement elements. Precasting of the secondary wall panels was performed off-site concurrently with ground improvement installation and raft foundation construction. The wall panels were trucked to the site, erected and braced in-place. In addition, fabrication of the carbon steel dome and suspended (and insulated) ceiling were accomplished.